- January 14th 2019: Call for abstracts and posters
- July 10th 2019: Deadline for submission of abstracts and posters
- August 1st 2019: Notification of accepted abstracts and posters
Please ensure that your abstract relates to research in the history of nursing or healthcare and select a submission theme:
- Nursing before Nightingale
- Nursing in Italy from medieval times to the present day
- Nurses and nursing in hospitals
- Nursing in wartime
- The development of nursing traditions and cultures in Europe
- Global histories of nursing; internationalism in nursing
- Histories of leadership in nursing
- Florence Nightingale’s contribution to the development of nursing: controversies and debates
- Histories of nursing practice
- Other nursing/healthcare related subjects
Please also ensure that your abstract includes information on:
- the background to your project;
- the methods used;
- your findings;
- a discussion and conclusion.
In-text references are welcomed, but a reference list is not required. Please do not include footnotes or endnotes.
‘Works in progress’ are welcomed. In these cases, the inclusion of ‘preliminary findings’ is sufficient.
Abstracts on other subjects related to nursing and healthcare history will be welcomed and considered. In these cases, when submitting your abstract, please select “Other nursing/healthcare related subjects” and indicate the theme(s) in the ‘Keywords’ field.
You will be required to indicate:
|Mandatory fields||Not mandatory fields|
|All authors names, surnames, affiliations, and eMails||Keywords|
|Presenting author||Student contribution|
|Title of the abstract||Bibliography|
|Abstract (max 300 words)||Message to the Chairs|
When you click the link to submit an abstract you will be taken to the symposia website and asked to create an account. Once you have registered to submit an abstract you can continue to the submission, or you can stop and come back another time to complete the process. Following the link again will take you to the symposia site where you can login and continue where you left off, or amend details on a submission already made. You can use the same login details to submit more than one abstract.
Submit your Abstract
Please register at: www.conftool.org/florence2020 and click on “Your Submission” to get started.